Location: Bishop Auckland Town
Job Type: Part-time (Initial 12 month contract)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
I am looking for a Part-Time Constituency Assistant to work 4 days a week based in our Bishop Auckland Constituency Office.
The ideal candidate is an independent, organised individual who is a good team player, a confident writer, and who has strong communication skills.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with surgeries and other meetings, and following up when needed
• Dealing with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media, or face to face.
• Ensuring that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately, in accordance with the MP
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
• Ensuring that all records and communications are recorded confidentially and in line with GDPR compliance.
• Leading on major local campaigns
• Providing support for our Westminster office when needed, and communicating with Government agencies, voluntary groups and local businesses.
If you are interested, please send a one-page cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the deadline date of 26th February 2021.