Welcome to this special Coronavirus section of my website. You can access the various sections on the left hand side, or at the bottom of this page if you're on a mobile device.
If you would like to receive updates on the government’s response to COVID-19 you can sign up for email alerts.
Today the Prime Minister announced that the 4 tests have been met to allow for further easing of the lockdown. Therefore, from the 17th of May we will move to step 3 of the roadmap set out earlier this year.
The following rules will come into effect on Monday:
- The rule of 6 or two households will now apply indoors
- Outdoor meetings will increase from the rule of 6 to up to 30 people
- You can sit inside pubs and restaurants
- Cinemas will re-open
- Children will be able to use indoor play areas
- Re-opening of hostels, hotels and BnBs
- Re-opening of theatres, concerts and business conference centres
- Sports stadiums will re-open
- You will be able to travel and stay over-night anywhere in Britain
- Schools will no longer require face coverings in classrooms or corridors
- Remaining university students can return to in-person teaching
- There will be an increase in the number of named visitors for care home residents, going from 2 to 5
Thanks to the strong resolve of the public and the excellent vaccination rollout, we remain on track to move to step 4 on the 21st June.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.