Welcome to this special Coronavirus section of my website. You can access the various sections on the left hand side, or at the bottom of this page if you're on a mobile device.
If you would like to receive updates on the government’s response to COVID-19 you can sign up for email alerts.
From the 4th July, the following changes will come into effect:
- Pubs, restaurants and hairdressers will be able to reopen, providing they adhere to COVID Secure guidelines
- Two households will be able to meet up in any setting with social distancing measures, e.g. having parents round for dinner, or friends round to watch the football
- Households will be able to enjoy staycations in England with the reopening of accommodation sites. Brilliant news for Teesdale!
- Some leisure facilities and tourist attractions may also reopen in order to begin restoring the arts and cultural sector, if they can do so safely – this includes outdoor gyms and playgrounds, cinemas, museums, galleries, theme parks and arcades, as well as libraries, social clubs, places of worship and community centres.
- Following a review, the Prime Minister set out that where it is not possible to stay two metres apart, guidance will allow people to keep a social distance of ‘one metre plus’. This means staying one metre apart, plus mitigations which reduce the risk of transmission.
For businesses about to reopen, I'd recommend checking the guidance carefully, but please contact me if you need any support.
You can also find answers to other questions you may have here.
The reason we are able to take the above measures is all down to your sacrifices over the past few months.
As always, if you need any assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe. We are in this together.